Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Live on LiveVideo.com

Well the crowd was small (1 most of the time, 2 some of the time, and for a few seconds 3). Anyway, this gave me an opportunity to work out some of the kinks of the technology of livevideo. There are some challenges: 1. A group of 4 can actually be on camera talking to you with microphones while the rest are doing instant messaging. If those spots were full and we had a topic going it would be complicated. Then there is the issue of hecklers or rowdy or disrespectful, or just mean and nasty people. I learned how to handle them with the technology. Then there is the issue of getting the word out and picking a time and day when people can come. Well, since I have my third highest hit rate at noon and the businest day on my website is Thursdays I went for Thursday at noon. I don't think it was a wise choice. Also, I didn't pull out all the stops and invite everybody on my lists, sites, etc. I will do that when I go again on Sunday at 6:00 pm Eastern time. Anyway, that chat will be with the Circle of Friends a group I joined with a very sweet woman, Barb, who coordinates it.

Take Care. Dr. Shinaver

No comments: